Committee Meeting Minutes 30/01/2013

Wimbledon Ancient Golf Society
Minutes of Meeting of the Committee at The Hand and Racquet, SW19
Wednesday January 30th 2013

Present Rhod James - Chairman (RJ), Anthony Shutes (AS), Gerry McGuffie (GM), Richard Latham (RL), Chris Bunning (CB), Richard Trinick (RT), John Stembridge (JS)

Apologies for absence Mike Beament (MB)

1. Handicaps
Committee agreed that the starting point for 2013 handicaps would be the results from running all the 2012 results through the “HandicapMaster” system. Handicaps would be to one decimal place. It was also agreed the Competition Scratch Score (CSS) for each event would initially be determined by GM, on behalf of the Handicap Sub Committee.
ACTION GM to prepare a briefing for the Chairman to send to all members before W. Byfleet, explaining the system and notifying members of their new handicaps.

2. Website (JS)
GH attending to discuss website issues and link to the new handicap system
ACTION GM/JS/GH to review how the Handicap Master could be linked to the existing WAGs website. In addition GH kindly agreed to provide a scope of work for upgrading the website and cost estimate by end March.

3. Fixtures(RL)
RL/CB and Steve Stoner were commended for confirming the fixtures and issuing the fixture cards in record time.
Following the Burhill wash out, Burhill GC has agreed to offer a complimentary round of golf on 8th March, for those who played at Burhill last December, with any spare slots being offered to other members at cost.
ACTION GM to send a note to all members outlining a booking process.
Northern “Swing” Tour. 17 fully paid up so far plus 2 other confirmed. Space for 30 has been reserved.
ACTION GM/CB to send a note to members, seeking intentions asap, so details can be finalised. Note: the price includes the coach.
ACTION GM to send members an update and notification of actions required re accommodation etc for Mini-Tour 26/27th July.

4. Finance (CB)
CB advised:

Discussion held on subs and deposits paid by absentee members who are not able to play due to be overseas, ill or injured etc. Committee agreed that subs should still be paid, especially given the membership list is currently closed.
ACTION CB to send note to members reminding all of the rules, to ensure transparency of policy.

5. Membership (GM)
Tony Batt’s membership was formally approved.

6. Merchandise (RT)
Committee supported RT proposal to secure a quality shirt with Logo plus “21 years celebrating WAGS”.
ACTION RT to circulate colour options to committee, for vote.

7. AOB
none

Next Committee meeting: Friday 5th April 2013.
ACTION RT to confirm venue

AS
31st january 2013