Committee Meeting Minutes 06/11/2012

Wimbledon Ancient Golf Society
Minutes of Meeting of the Committee at The Alexandra, SW19
Tuesday November 6th 2012

Present Rhod James - Chairman (RJ), Anthony Shutes (AS), Gerry McGuffie (GM), Richard Latham (RL), Chris Bunning (CB), John Stembridge (JS)

Apologies for absence Richard Trinick (RT), Mike Beament (MB)

In Attendance Bob Hill

RJ opened the meeting by noting it was his first time as Chairman and thanked the outgoing Chairman, Gerry Robinson, for his fine work, commitment and guidance over the last 10 years.

1. Minutes of last meeting - approved

2. Finance (CB)
Year to 28th October 2012 surplus £4373, with Burhill and N. Tour deposits due of £2834.
Hole in One fund currently £791.
Provision of £1000 subsidy put aside for the 2017 tour.

3. Merchandise (RL)
CB advised that £1500-2000 is available for 2013 merchandise. RT has proposed a 21st anniversary shirt tbd.

4. 2013 Fixtures(RL)
The following is being progressed:
W. Byfleet25th MarchConfirmed (£100 deposit due)
Mill Ride19th AprilConfirmed (£280 deposit due)
Lingfield16th Maytbc
Tour14-16th JuneConfirmed
Gatton ManorLate Junetbc. New – the “Robinson Ryder”
LeatherheadEarly Julytbc
Manning Heath26th JulyConfirmed (£200 deposit due)
E. Sussex tbd27th Julytbc
Richmond16th Augtbc
Cornwall13-15th SeptConfirmed (ca £1000 deposit due)
Wimbledon CommonLate Septtbc
WorplesdonMid Octtbc
Pine Ridge9th Novtbc
BurhillDectbc
ACTION: RL/CB to progess appropriate level of deposits

5. Fixture Cards (RL)
ACTION: RL to discuss with Steve Stoner

6. Northern Tour (RL/CB)
The Committee thanked Eric Warburton for his stirling efforts organising this exciting tour. Current status, based on 24 places:

Hotel in Manchester, bus from Wimbledon and final cost (ca. £350+ meals) to be confirmed asap.
ACTION: CB/RL to draft email for RJ to send, with tour details and requesting £150 deposit to be sent by 25th Jan 2013.

7. Membership (GM)
Currently capping membership at 52 members (includes Tony Batt when he applies). No new members to be entertained pending clarity on existing membership renewal.

8. Website (JS)
ACTION: JS to contact Graham Hansen to discuss website improvements

9. Handicaps (GM)
After much debate, research and input from Society members the Committee proposes to introduce the automated and transparent “HandicapMaster” system (a CONGU type system used by societies). The following to be addressed by the Handicap sub committee:

  1. replace existing system with HandicapMaster allowing both increases and cuts after each event. Agree process to determine each event Competition Standard Score (CSS).
  2. Use HandicapMaster to simulate all the 2012 WAGS events up to and includingPine Ridge, to automatically generate a proposed starting point for 2013 member and regular guest handicaps.
  3. End year overview by sub committee to determine playing handicap for first 2013 event.
  4. Post transparent listing of results and handicap changes after each 2013 event.
ACTION: GM to prepare simple explanation of new process, to be emailed to members and posted on website.
ACTION: JS to change website to undertake the HandicapMaster calculations and reporting.

10. AOB
Social event including partners to be held Fri 25th Jan 2013 in the Rose and Crown, Wimbledon.
ACTION: GM to advertise nearer the date. Next Committee meeting: Wednesday 30th January 2013.
ACTION: Mr Trinnick to propose location (accessible to those coming by Train to/from Wimbledon station).

AS
07.09.2012