Committee Meeting Minutes 18/01/2007

Wimbledon Ancient Golf Society
Minutes of Meeting of the Committee at the Rose & Crown, Wimbledon
Thursday January 18th 2007

Present Gerry Robinson (GR) (Chairman), Rhod James (RJ), Chris Bunning (CB), John Stembridge (JS), Mike Beament (MB), Richard Latham (RL), Gerry McGuffie (GM)

Apologies Steve Stoner (SS)

1. Handacaps
GM and MB reported on the review of handicaps that they have undertaken since the end of the 2006 season. Following that review, 9 handicap changes have been agreed for the start of the 2007 season. All of those concerned have already been or will shortly be notified. The changes will also all shortly appear on the website. The changes are:-

The Committee touched again on the question of whether any change needed to be introduced to the current handicapping system. GM said that the system works fairly well and he does not recommend any change. It was therefore agreed to retain the existing handicapping system for the 2007 season.

2. Fixtures
MB produced the proposed Fixture Card for 2007, which has been prepared by SS. The Committee reviewed the card and the fixtures. Various amendments were made to the text of the Fixture Card.
All of the 2007 fixtures are in place save for the Sunday fixture of the Cornwall tour. RL explained that Woodbury Park is booked for the day in question so we will need an alternative venue. RL will explore Enmore (near Taunton) as a possible venue. The fact that this fixture is "floating" will not however delay the finalisation of the Fixture Card.
SS was asked to circulate a final draft version by email to the Committee members, before despatch of the card to all members of the Society.

3. Spanish Tour - April 2007
RJ reported in relation to the tour arrangements. CB reported that 30 of the 32 tourists have already paid in full. CB will deal with the 2 outstanding payments.
Predictably, the Society's finances are at an all time high. The current account contains 12,058. The deposit account contains 11,719. That is a total of 23,777. Of that sum 1,705 represents members' balances and 22,072 is Society money. Of the 22,072, 516 is the hole in one fund.
RJ outlined the proposals thus far devised by him and Mike Wells over the format of the tour. These were approved. RJ and Mike Wells were also given a budget of 400 to work with, towards prizes.
Given that almost all the tour money has now been collected, CB will press on with arranging notices for payment of 2007 subscriptions, towards the end of January.

4. Membership A stock take was taken of membership numbers. It was noted that Steve Ramsey has resigned as a member. This leaves 41 UK members, 10 overseas members and 8 junior members.

5. Merchandise The Committee has already agreed at an earlier meeting that the item of merchandise for 2007 will be a Spanish tour shirt. This will be available for all members, even if they are not on tour.

6. Communications
JS raised the issue of members' details not being up to date on the website. CB will include a paragraph in his letter for 2007 subscriptions, asking that all members ensure their details on the site are up to date.

RDFJ
18.01.2007