Committee Meeting Minutes 24/08/2006

Wimbledon Ancient Golf Society
Minutes of Meeting of the Committee at the Rose & Crown, Wimbledon
Thursday August 24th 2006

Present Gerry Robinson (GR) (Chairman), Rhod James (RJ), Chris Bunning (CB), John Stembridge (JS), Mike Beament (MB)

Apologies Richard Latham (RL), Gerry McGuffie (GM), Steve Stoner (SS)

1. Minutes of last Meeting
The Minutes of the meeting on 13th July 2006 were produced and approved. There were no specific points arising from the Minutes.

2. Finance
CB reported that we have 11,005 in current account and 1,661 on deposit, a total of 12,666. Of this figure, 3,022 is members funds, 4,160 is Spanish Tour funds (after taking into account the deposit paid to the travel company) and there is a Society balance of 5,483.
CB reported that there are no outstanding 2006 subs from regular participants in the Society.

3. West Country Tour - 2006
The numbers were closed at 22. RJ will let RL know the final details so that he can make accommodation arrangements with St Mellion. RL is also asked to circulate the tour details to all tourists.

4. Membership
John Upton-Prowse was proposed for membership by GR and seconded by RJ. His membership was approved. Likewise Eric Warburton was proposed as a member by CB and seconded by RJ. This too was approved.
GM is asked to obtain the necessary contact details from GR/CB and then take these new members through the "new joiners" routine.

5. 15th Anniversary Spanish Tour - 2007
CB reported that 27 deposits have been received from members, with one name also being on the reserve list with a deposit paid. The tour is therefore effectively full already.
There was some discussion about whether to extend the tour numbers to 32. No final decision was made on this issue at this stage. Things were left that RJ would canvass other prospective tourists by email to establish the level of interest.
It was agreed that the final price of the tour will be 750. It was also agreed that the balance of the tour price (which for most people will be 350) will be payable by 31st December.

6. Communications
before the West Country tour. JS will also post the Richmond results before the West Country tour.
CB reported that the hole in one fund is now up to 396. JS will also post this.

7. Merchandise
SS was asked to consider and report about a cap for junior members.

8. Handicaps
MB is to advise Carl Boorer of his joining handicap (16) at if not before the West Country tour. MB will also review Eric Warburton's joining handicap.

9. Any Other Business
It was agreed that the Richmond fixture would be revamped in 2007 to provide for 18 holes in the morning and then a large lunch afterwards! It was also agreed that we should keep to a Friday for this fixture.