Committee Meeting Minutes 20/01/2005

Wimbledon Ancient Golf Society
Minutes of Meeting of the Committee at the Rose and Crown, Wimbledon
Thursday January 20th 2005

Present - Mike Beament, Chris Bunning, Gerry Robinson, Gerry McGuffie, John Stembridge, Richard Latham
Apologies - Rhod James, Steve Stoner

1. Minutes of last Meeting (9th November 2004)
The Minutes were approved and there were no matters arising.

2. 2004 End Of Season Social GR reported that 18 places had been booked at the Blue Elephant Restaurant in Fulham for Friday 28 January (note final number was 24). GR will investigate the Fiesta Havana as a continuation venue.

3. Membership
GM reviewed the current applications. Peter Paul Kimman and Pearse Elder having been approved subject to provision of paperwork and dues at the last meeting, have now sent in their applications. Upon making payment, they will be members.
Paperwork has also been received from Steve Thomson and Gary McCarthy, both former members. Approval was granted to both subject to payment of the dues.
Andy Phillips' resignation was noted. GR will write to him and enclose cheque to clear down his account.

4. Finance
CB reported the following: Cash in bank: 7180 of which 6920 is on deposit. After deducting members' advances, Society Funds are 4500 Of this, 3000 is allocated to the 2007 Tour.
The 2005 subscription and deposit were reviewed. It was agreed that the following will apply:
Annual subscription: 70 (has been 65 since January 2001)
Upfront events deposit: 90 (@10 per event, no change)
New member joining fee: 10 (no change).

5. Fixtures
RL summarised the current position for 2005:
Wednesday 23rd MarchWest Byfleet
Thursday 21st AprilMill Ride (Ascot)
Friday 20th MayLingfield
10th to 12th JuneDorset Tour
Saturday 25th June Worplesdon (tbc)
Saturday 16th July Seaford Head
Friday 12th August Richmond
9th to 11th SeptemberCornwall (Launceston and St Mellion booked, Sunday venue yet to be arranged)
Wednesday 28th SeptemberWimbledon Common (AGM)
October Bushey Hall (tbc)
Saturday 12th November Pine Ridge

These dates will be finalised over the next 2 weeks. RL to provide the list asap to JS for the website and to send final list to SS for Fixture Card printing.

6. Handicaps
MB will resolve the outstanding matters with regard to the handicap adjustment system.

Gerry Robinson
1 February 2005